Mr. Leboo Saisa is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, Member Law Society of Kenya. He joined Kajiado County Assembly in May, 2014 as a junior officer – Legal Counsel II. The Clerk rose through the ranks, from the position of legal counsel II to the position of Principal Legal Counsel in 2015. In 2016, due to his acumen and high performance, the County Assembly Service Board considered him for the position of Deputy Clerk.
The Bachelor of Laws (LLB) graduate from University of Nairobi served in the position of Ag. Clerk in March 2018 and later landed the position after rigorous and competitive selection.
Education and professional qualification
1. LLB Hons – University of Nairobi
2. PGD in law – Kenya School of Law
3. Member, Law society of Kenya
Mr. Leboo is the only non-elected person who regularly speaks in the Assembly. The Clerk of the House is the administrative and procedural head of the Assembly and oversees the day to day operations and affairs of the Parliament. The Clerk is assisted by the Deputy Clerk and Clerk Assistants.
The Clerk has several responsibilities in the County Assembly including:
- Assisting the Speaker to run the house proceedings including having thorough knowledge of the rules of the House and tabling all documents presented to the house.
- Helping the Speaker and Members of the Assembly to organize the order of business including providing advice on house Procedure.
- Drafting private members bills and amendments.
- Certifying the passage of bills through the Assembly.
- Assisting with ceremonial occasions, such as the opening of Assembly and is required tom swear an oath of allegiance administered by the Speaker of the House to new Members of County Assembly.
- Pursuant to section 12 (1) of the County Governments Act 2012,The Clerk of the County Assembly is the secretary of the County Assembly Service Board.
- He is the accounting officer of the County Assembly.